Sunday 6 December 2009

BizTalk 2009 IDE Issues

In my last post (too long ago but hey I’ve been busy) I stated that the BizTalk 2009 Visual Studio integration is very good. How wrong could I be! I think I may have spoken too soon.

Over the past few months I have experienced numerous problems around project references and orchestration corruption. It’s got to the point where I have to take very regular backups of any orchestration I am working on just in case. This has been the experience of several colleagues too.

Recently I have been testing a patch issued by the BizTalk product team to resolve some of these issues. This has been pretty good and after 3 weeks I had not had any problems, until last week. The same orchestration corruption reappeared though I have been unable to recreate it since.

I’m currently awaiting feedback from the product team regarding this issue. Hopefully soon we’ll all have the IDE experience that we should have had when BizTalk 2009 was released.

No comments: